Here's what he told us they're working on right now and in the near future:
- Beginning demolition on the staircase (inside)
- Continuing footing excavation
- Installing storm piping and manholes (you can see some of these in the photos below)
- Continuing to excavate and haul off excess dirt
- Disconnecting some electrical systems inside to prepare for demolition
They've also closed the road up to the security entrance of the museum entirely. Later this week, they hope to start putting down the gravel and asphalt base for the building area, depending on the weather (i.e., if it doesn't rain too much), and next week or the week after they'll start structural steel.